• Model Introductions by Modelers (10:12)
• Comparison Process (34:44)
• Portfolio Details (37:30)
• Model Technical Specifications (41:34)
• Portfolio Losses (54:58)
• Conclusions (1:30:04)
• Closing Statements by Modelers (1:53:09)
• Q&A Panel Session with Modelers (2:06:27)
- Leading catastrophe modeling expert Dr. Federico Waisman, SVP and head of analytics at Ariel Re
- CAT modeling firms AIR, KatRisk, Impact Forecasting and CoreLogic
Overview and analysis of the new U.S. inland flood models from all the major CAT modeling firms along with commentary on the results and their implications for the industry.
As communities devastated by hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria face the task of rebuilding, U.S. flood insurance reform has become an urgent priority for both the industry and government institutions. The private flood market is receiving attention as the federal National Flood Insurance Program comes under increasing financial strain.
Read a comprehensive recap of the flood model showcase from Risk & Insurance.
Read an interview with Federico Waisman and other leading industry experts about U.S. flood models in Carrier Management.