Product Designer (Data Viz)
Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker, and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today things are different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
Some of the problems you will solve entail understanding data, identifying patterns, quantifying the impact of ML / NLP models and designing data visualizations. We seek a product designer to help drive a new digital AI product team on a mission to unlock the potential of data and identify new opportunities.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment, with the opportunity to have more control and leadership; in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
- You’re a maker, above all else. Working alone or with other designers, you have shipped an experience well-received by users, one that wasn’t just incremental change but an entirely new product. You make first and write later, understanding the value of prototypes, small trials and fast fails.
- Your portfolio showcases creative data visualizations.
- User experience and visual design is your one-two punch. You are comfortable working at various levels of resolution — from whiteboard sketches to detailed design work. You can create wireframes and articulate flows, create pixel-perfect mockups and work iteratively with our engineering team.
- You’re comfortable with Lean UX methods.
- You put users first. You love talking to and observing them. You believe that users should have the loudest voice in the room. You make to learn. You understand the role of validation and its place in the product development process.
What you’ll own
- Every stage of the design work — from creating concepts and presentations and making pixel-perfect visual layouts and redlines to working with engineers and pushing out production assets.
- You will work with data scientists to find creative and effective ways to visualize their key findings and insights.
- You will work with the Product Owner to design, conduct and synthesize the user research.
- You’ll own user testing and transform those findings into new interfaces.
- You’ll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and engineers dedicated to crafting new solutions for delivering service to our customers.
- Through regular product meetings, transforming consumer stories into product ideas, storyboarding and prototyping UX experiences, you’ll grow your own skills and those of your colleagues.
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts, visual design, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years experience working in UX Design
- Design software: Sketch (preferred), Adobe Creative Suite
- Data visualization experience
- User testing, storyboards, wireframes
- Rapid Prototyping; InVision (preferred), Balsamiq, proto.io, Axure, Marvel
Get in touch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Argo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.