This Is Why Private Companies Should Minimize These Top 5 Risks
For managers of private companies, risks are sometimes unavoidable. But they can at least be mitigated with these five tips.
1. Private companies are grappling with a cybersecurity threat that’s only grown in recent years with no sign of letting up.
2. They’re facing increased scrutiny from a variety of federal and state agencies.
3. Private businesses face workplace complaints from employees, including age, racial and disability discrimination; sexual harassment; and retaliation.
4. They face claims involving a breach of fiduciary duty such as mishandling employee retirement accounts or benefit plans.
5. Private companies can be exposed to illegal background check lawsuits, which have become increasingly common.