Top concerns of drone usage
With technological advances, new hazards and exposures always come to light, including:
- Injury to people or damage to property arising from drones that fall from above or crash into buildings or other aircraft
- Privacy, as virtually all drones are equipped with cameras
- Cyber liability, as drones capture significant amounts of data that is stored within the drone or beamed to the cloud
- Financial loss if drone usage causes business interruption
How the insurance industry is addressing these concerns
Both legislation and technological advances have mitigated the risks of operating drones. Specifically:
Manufacturers are incorporating safety features into drones, such as:
- Geofencing – prevents drones from flying outside a certain designated area or above a certain height
- Obstacle avoidance systems – help drones avoid collisions with other aircraft
- Tracking technology – used to monitor a drone’s location
Argo Pro takes a proactive approach to new exposures in the market, identifying new risks while looking to put solutions in place for clients.
Learn more about Argo Pro’s Miscellaneous PROtect℠.