Argo Specialty Programs
Commercial insurance programs to meet the needs of targeted, specialty lines business segments
Specialty Programs provides commercial insurance programs to meet the needs of targeted, specialty lines business segments. We partner with qualified Program Administrators (PAs) who provide underwriting expertise, risk aggregation, and strong customer service to deliver profitable underwriting results. Specialty Programs consist of Commercial Programs, in which we administer risk-bearing programs on Argo paper* and Alternative Risk Solutions, which provides non-risk bearing, fronting services.
Argo Specialty Programs:
- “A” rated, admitted or non-admitted surplus lines capacity
- Experienced underwriting emphasizing responsiveness, integrity, and execution
- Actuarial and product development resources
- Dedicated claims leadership; options to use a TPA or Argo claims
- Established track record and commitment to program underwriting
- Diversified and flexible risk appetite
- Broadly licensed across all commercial lines of business in all states.
- Limited exclusivity
Commercial Programs (Risk Bearing)
Ideal for PAs with:
- Underwriting Expertise in targeted business segments
- Unique Distribution Channels
- Automation Advantages
Alternative Risk Solutions (Non-Risk Bearing / Fronting)
- International insurers seeking quick entry into the US market
- Regional carriers seeking to expand into states where they are not licensed
- Captives and MGA’s supporting low loss ratio business requiring “A” rated paper
* We place insurance coverage with the following related licensed insurance companies: Argonaut Insurance Company, Argonaut-Midwest Insurance Company, Argonaut Great Central Insurance Company and Peleus Insurance Company.