Brokerage: Specialty Property
Colony Specialty’s property division focuses on monoline property accounts with total insured values of $25 million up to $10 billion.
- Deductible buy-backs
- Account total insured values: $25 million–$10 billion
- Participation: Prefer excess placements and shared layered placements
- Typical line for fire: $10 million–$20 million subject to probable maximum loss
- Typical line for high hazard catastrophe: $10 million–$20 million
- No manufacturer or processing
- All Tier 1 and Tier 2 counties in the United States
- California and northwest quake
Minimum policy premium
Minimum policy deductible
Appetite & Availability
- Assisted-living facilities/nursing homes
- Country clubs
- Hotel/motel (chains preferred)
- Lessor’s risk
- Office condos
- Parking garages
- School districts
- Strip malls/regional malls
- Vacant properties
Fire: The above classes are actively targeted and receive priority quoting. Heavy “process hazard” risks (manufacturing, extrusion, etc.) and risks normally assumed by specialty carriers — those technical in nature (petroleum, high technology, etc.) are usually outside our appetite.
Wind: Includes the above classes in all coastal exposures. Preferred risks include newer construction, Florida construction built or updated to 1995 or better standards, and properties farther than 2,500 feet from the beach.
Quake: Ideal risks in the above classes are located in a single zone and 1976 or newer construction. We will consider tougher risks with higher deductibles, subject to our form. Careful consideration is given to risks exposed to soft soil or high liquefaction. Exposures associated with old age, soft story, or construction inadequacies will be handled on a case-by-case basis for broker partners with a proven track record of success.
Wholesale only. Our products are distributed through appointed excess and surplus lines brokers.