Credit and Financial Products
Ariel Re writes credit and financial products on both a reinsurance and retrocession basis.
Clients include global insurers/reinsurers, specialist credit insurers, MGAs, captives and Lloyd’s syndicates. Our clients are normally niche insurers that have demonstrated expertise and/or specialized knowledge in their respective fields.
Ariel Re can offer up to a $20 million net line in capacity per risk, on both a single-year and multiyear basis.
Maximum program duration is typically seven years.
Appetite & Availability
Ariel Re underwrites credit risk, financial guarantee, whole turnover trade credit, title, contract frustration, political risk, surety and residual value. The portfolio predominantly comprises aggregate XL, catastrophe XL and quota-share arrangements.
Types of risks in the portfolio include:
- Structured credit and finance risks (e.g., regulatory capital relief)
- Trade credit, trade finance and political risk
- Unusual and bespoke risks and opportunities
- Single names and portfolios of risk
- Single-year and multiyear tenors and policies