Ariel Re transacts a broad array of reinsurance business through our offices in Bermuda, London, Hong Kong and Brussels, meeting the business needs of our diverse client base.
Originally founded in 2005, Ariel Re has been part of Argo Group International Holdings Ltd. (“Argo”) since 2017 when it was combined with the preceding Argo Re business. All Argo reinsurance business is now written through the Ariel Re brand.
In Bermuda, business is written by Ariel Re Bda Limited, a Bermuda-based coverholder, either on behalf of Lloyd’s Syndicate 1910 or for Argo Re, Ltd., a Class 4 Bermuda insurer. In London, our reinsurance business is placed directly into Syndicate 1910. Ariel Re also offers access to Lloyd’s Brussels (“LBS”) via LBS Syndicate 5336, which is an alternate platform to write European Economic Area syndicate risk post-Brexit.
Delivering Value Every Day
Ariel Re provides a defined value proposition to clients, intermediaries and reinsurance partners:
- Market leaders. We quote or lead the majority of our business in all lines.
- Long-term partners. The majority of our portfolio includes clients who have been with Ariel Re since its incorporation.
- Bespoke solutions. Our industry-leading, state-of-the-art proprietary pricing and portfolio management system can deliver the right solution for our clients.
- Outstanding claims settlement. Our robust claims operations ensure that our expertise is second to none in the industry.
Each risk submission flows through a process of data analysis and quality assessment analysis, using the major vendor models, in order to properly quantify the potential losses associated with each risk we seek to underwrite.
Pricing and Portfolio Management
Our proprietary Ariel Re Portfolio System (ARPS) is an industry-leading (re)insurance pricing and accumulation system, which manages the entire underwriting and risk management process. ARPS is fully and seamlessly integrated with third-party vendor models and accounting systems, our planning/forecasting model, and the economic capital model.
Research and Development
Ariel Re relies on sophisticated exposure management and geographic information systems to support underwriting and risk management decisions. We invest significant resources toward understanding the third-party vendor models used for:
- Earth movement
- Windstorm / storm surge
- Winter storms
- Severe convective storms, including thunderstorms, tornados and hail
The Ariel Re Actuarial team provides pricing support to the underwriting teams on complex, non-standard transactions and other risk-transfer decisions. We conduct comprehensive quarterly analyses of our portfolio to estimate and monitor loss reserves for all Ariel Re entities.
Ariel’s reinsurance operations consist of five product lines:
- Property, which includes both Property Treaty and Property Retro
- Alternative Structured Solutions
- Clean Energy and Technology