Product Owner (Data & AI)
Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker, and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today things are different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
Some of the problems you will solve entail understanding data, identifying patterns, quantifying the impact of ML / NLP models and designing data visualizations. We seek a Product Owner to drive a new product team on a mission to unlock the potential of data and identify new opportunities.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment, with the opportunity to have more control and leadership; in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
- Excellent product judgment: You have an in-depth understanding of what makes a user experience good or bad, can debate the merits of kanban vs scrum vs your own homegrown model, and have a strong intuition for what people want to do.
- Data science mindset: You are comfortable with data and key data science concepts. You know the strengths and limitations of data, and can communicate them clearly. You understand data-oriented projects and can drive your team towards the business goals as well as help them prioritize different aspects of their research.
- Appreciation for detail: You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
- Business Acumen: You have worked in multiple industries in the past and are able to use your knowledge to predict the behavior of key players.
- Comfort with tech: We prefer computer science or data science degrees or equivalent programming experience, but it’s most important that you can communicate effectively with engineers and data scientists about product details and technical options.
- Leadership: Others naturally look to you for guidance. You understand group dynamics and can organize chaotic situations.
- Writing ability: You can write final text for UI strings, marketing copy or press releases. Your writing is pithy, clear and in command of tone.
What you’ll own
- Champion the product vision and strategy, and roadmap product goals and objectives.
- Lead the discovery, technical development and launch of MVPs and scale products.
- Research data sources and identify/assess opportunities to build new machine learning and NLP models.
- Lead the data science modeling phase and track model performance.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Break down the product vision into user stories, write UACs, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience
- Experience with product management with a focus on data science and analytics
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, data science, engineering, UX/UI
- Agile procedures
Get in touch for more information: [email protected]
Argo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.