Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker, and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today things are different. The average
insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
This is just a taste of the type of big problem we want you to solve. We seek a product designer to help drive a new digital product team on a mission to bring a new type of interaction to a market once exclusively driven by in-person relationships.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship
ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
You’re working at a startup with a lifespan near its finish. You’re the talented member of a team at a popular technology company looking for the opportunity to have more control and leadership. You’re the workhorse at an agency, tired of coding
products for promotions instead of real users. Ever thought of creating your own product?
Some signs you might be ready:
- You’re a maker, above all else. Working alone or with other designers, you have shipped an experience well-received by users, one that wasn’t just incremental change but an entirely new product. In your spare time, you’ve collaborated with
friends to conduct experiments outside of work. You make first and write later, understanding the value of prototypes, small trials and fast fails.
- User experience and visual design is your one-two punch. You can prototype and design in HTML, skipping traditional tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator when necessary. You are comfortable working at various levels of resolution — from whiteboard sketches to detailed design work. You can create wireframes and articulate flows, create pixel-perfect mockups and work iteratively with our engineering team.
- Your experience is quality over quantity. Years of professional experience isn’t important, but an understanding of what it takes to build a product from scratch is.
- Your portfolio emphasizes mobile work, but your desktop work is just as sharp.
- You’re comfortable with Lean UX methods.
- You put users first. You love talking to and observing them. You believe that users should have the loudest voice in the room. You make to learn. You understand the role of validation and its place in the product development process.
What you’ll own
- Every stage of the design work — from creating concepts and presentations and making pixel-perfect visual layouts and redlines to working with engineers and pushing out production assets.
- You’ll participate in user testing and transform those findings into new interfaces.
- You’ll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers and engineers, dedicated to crafting new solutions for delivering service to our customers.
- Through regular product meetings, transforming consumer stories into product ideas, storyboarding and prototyping UX experiences, you’ll grow your own skills and those of your colleagues.
- Design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Copy, branding, logo design
- User testing, storyboards, wireframes
- Rapid Prototyping (Balsamiq, proto.io, Axure, Marvel)
- HTML, CSS3, JS
Get in touch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Argo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.