Data Engineer / Architect
Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker, and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today things are different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
Some of the problems you will solve entail understanding data, identifying patterns, quantifying the impact of ML / NLP models and designing data visualizations. We seek a data engineer to help drive a new digital AI product team on a mission to unlock the potential of data and identify new opportunities.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment, with the opportunity to have more control and leadership; in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
- You are excited to find insights to drive the growth of both internal and external products.
- You understand the importance of stakeholder communication. The only way things get done!
- You have a knack for translating between non-technical and technical parties.
- You enjoy building strategic plans to solve data operational inefficiencies.
What you’ll own
- Leading our company down the path to being data-driven.
- Build reusable ETL pipelines that scale efficiently with the business needs.
- Architect the data infrastructure and model deployment solutions
- Manage the entire lifecycle of data projects from strategic planning to tactical activities (data collection, cleanup, analysis, model implementation).
- Being the owner of each data problem.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between executive stakeholders, your customers (internal business unit leaders), and technical teams.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal stakeholder groups, including IT, engineering, and legal.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years data engineering experience
- Strong SQL experience across different database management systems (Postgres, MySQL) and data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, EMR, S3)
- Knowledge of data management and storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems related to data storage and computing
- Agile procedures
Get in touch for more information: email@example.com
Argo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.