Argo Digital Careers
Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today is different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
This is just a taste of the type of big problem we want you to solve. We seek VP Product to help drive a new digital product innovation team on a mission to bring a new type of interaction to a market once exclusively driven by in-person relationships.
Who you are
You're working at a startup with a lifespan near its finish. You're the talented member of a team at a popular technology company looking for the opportunity to have more control and leadership. You’re a change agent inside of a large organization, tired of fighting against ambiguous decision-making abilities and unclear goals. Ever thought of creating your own product?
Some signs you might be ready:
- Your love for product and leading a team is apparent from day one. You're on the beta version of all your favorite apps, and nerd out on Product Hunt during your commute.
- You keep a strong pulse on the latest trends in machine learning and AI. You're the go-to person on data-heavy subjects amongst your peers and friends.
- You relish the opportunity to be part of a leadership team that thrives on collegial debate driven by intellectual discourse and data-driven pursuit of the best of all routes forward.
- You understand digital economics, financial services and business needs, and love to get into the weeds of why/how/when a product has fit.
- You can explain what makes a user experience good or bad and have strong intuition for what people want to do and excellent product judgment.
- You've led an agile team, managed and reported to senior stakeholders, and can sprint like Usain Bolt.
- Others naturally look to you for guidance. You understand group dynamics and organize chaotic situations into aligned action.
- You've got a high signal-to-noise ratio. You're persuasive and sensitive to nuance. You love to solve problems to unblock your team.
- You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
What you'll own
- Product vision, strategy and roadmap for a family of data-intensive products (ML, AI).
- Research and implement novel machine learning and deep learning approaches with the help of your team.
- Lead the ideation, technical development and launch of MVPs and scaled products.
- Manage teams through the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between internal stakeholders and customers while protecting the freedom of the team.
- Maintain a balance between the needs of our users and the needs of the business.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal stakeholder groups, including business unit owners, IT and legal.
- Insurance or financial services business knowledge (preferred, not required)
- A strong understanding of data manipulation, machine learning and AI principles
- 5-7 years of product management experience in a leadership role
- Lean / agile software development
- Bonus: startup experience
Get in touch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org