Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker, and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today things are different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
This is just a taste of the type of big problem we want you to solve. We seek a product owner to help drive a new digital product team on a mission to bring a new type of interaction to a market once exclusively driven by in-person relationships.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
You’re working at a startup with a lifespan near its finish. You’re the talented member of a team at a popular technology company looking for the opportunity to have more control and leadership. You’re the workhorse at an agency, tired of coding products for promotions instead of real users. Ever thought of creating your own product?
Some signs you might be ready:
- Excellent product judgment: You have an in-depth understanding of what makes a user experience good or bad, can debate the merits of kanban vs scrum vs your own home-grown model, and have strong intuition for what people want to do.
- Appreciation for detail: You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
- Strategic insight: You understand the industry in depth, and can use your knowledge to predict the behavior of key players.
- Comfort with tech: We prefer a computer science degree or equivalent programming experience, but it’s most important that you can communicate effectively with engineers about product details and technical option.
- Leadership: Others naturally look to you for guidance. You understand group dynamics and can organize chaotic situations.
- Writing ability: You could write final text for UI strings, marketing copy or press releases. Your writing is pithy, clear and in command of tone.
What you'll own
- Champion the product vision and strategy, and roadmap product goals and objectives.
- Lead the discovery, technical development and launch of MVPs and scale products.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Break down the product vision into user stories, write UACs, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
Get in touch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Argo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws. PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.