Argo Digital Careers
Before the dawn of everything internet, insurance was intimate and personal. You walked down the street to chat with your broker and the risk to your business, your livelihood, was covered with a handshake. Today is different. The average insurance policy for a mom-and-pop store trades through a dozen different hands and traverses a maze of systems and processes. Few are accountable and fewer know the whole story.
This is just a taste of the type of big problem we want you to solve. We seek a data engineer to help drive a new digital product innovation team on a mission to bring a new type of interaction to a market once exclusively driven by in-person relationships.
As one of the founding members of a small, multi-disciplinary team of technologists, designers and product managers, you’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions without much oversight, and the tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly. You’ll be a part of a startup-like environment in a company with thousands of existing customers.
Who you are
You’re working at a startup with a lifespan near its finish. You’re the talented member of a team at a popular technology company looking for the opportunity to have more control and leadership. You’re the workhorse at an agency, tired of coding products for promotions instead of real users. Ever thought of creating your own product?
Some signs you might be ready:
- You are excited to find insights to drive the growth of both internal and external products.
- You understand the importance of stakeholder communication. The only way things get done!
- You have a knack for translating between non-technical and technical parties.
- You enjoy building strategic plans to solve data operational inefficiencies.
- You laugh maniacally as our state-of-the-art data team completes your genius schemes.
What you'll own
- Leading our company down the path to being data-driven.
- The roadmap of projects you’ll work on that tie directly to business goals and objectives.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of data projects from strategic planning to tactical activities (data collection, cleanup, analysis, model implementation).
- Being the owner of each data problem.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between executive stakeholders, your customers (internal business unit leaders), and technical teams that are implementing/automating your work.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal stakeholder groups, including IT, engineering, and legal.
- Data architecture and management (SQL)
- Agile procedures
- Statistical modeling (R, numPy, Julia, Matlab, Stata, SAS, etc.)
- Degree or certification in computer science, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, business or equivalent
Get in touch for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org